Make your own free website on Tripod.com

Prairie Classics Inc.

Home
Items Wanted
Past Projects
Cars For Sale
Trucks For Sale
Parts
New & Used Gas Engine Parts
Gas Engines Tractors Maytag & Related items

Past Projects

 

Check out some of the past projects I have worked on!

townwagon1.jpg

1960 Dodge TownWagon
I started with just a shell at the age of 12!

townwagon2.jpg

 
2 years later I was nearing paint

townwagon3.jpg

 
This is what it ended up looking like the 1st time arround.  383, AUTO, and 4:10 Gears.  Not bad for a 14 year old punk.

townwagon4.jpg

I decided to make some changes
In South Dakota 2wd was not good enough so I bought a 4X4 chassis and lifted the body off the 2wd frame and placed it on the new 4X4 frame.  Now your talking cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sbee1.jpg

Next up is a 1968 Dodge Superbee.  This car spent all its life in South Dakota.  Being purchased new in Yankton as a lite green metalic, 383, 4 Speed and vinyl top car.  It had a very hard life.  The original motor only lasted a couple of years then a 413 was added.  Shortly after that it got a nice coat of blue/purple paint, air shocks and some wide Keystones!  This picture is of the car shortly after I purchased it in 1989.  I put back in a 383 and 4 speed and drove it arround St. Paul for a year.

sbee2.jpg

Now look what happens when one of those Keystones comes loose!  Not to mention the rot from spending too many days on dirt roads and sitting 5 years in a field.

sbee3.jpg

When we decided to bring this baby back to life it was a bit of a surprise!  We found rot in places we didn't expect.  We ended up replacing the floor, rear frame rails, quarters and part of the rockers.

sbee5.jpg

sbee7.jpg

sbee8.jpg

sbee4.jpg

Now it's time to put it back together.  If you look close you can see how we spliced the frame rails back together.

sbee6.jpg

sbee9.jpg

sbee10.jpg

sbee11.jpg

sbee12.jpg

Now we wanted to make sure that we didn't deal with rust again.  So we hauled the body to Detroit and had it acid dipped and E-Coated.  This insures that all surfaces (inside and out) are cleaned and coated with a very durable coating.  This will stop the rust from coming back!

sbee13.jpg

sbee14.jpg

sbee15.jpg

After the Bee returned from Detroit, It went right into the body shop for paint prep!

sbee16.jpg

sbee26.jpg

Then a nice coat of Light Green Metalic was added.  We used a PPG Base Coat and Deltron 20/20 Clear Coat for the finishing touch.  To obtain the original color as close as possible to the original we brought a color match machine to the car before we started.  We were able to find a nice clean patch of original paint under the vinyl top when we removed it.

sbee27.jpg

sbee25.jpg

sbee24.jpg

sbee22.jpg

The entire suspension was rebuilt and powder coated by Totally Auto.

sbee21.jpg

sbee17.jpg

This is where the pictures end as we are still putting this Bee back together.  Please check back later to sse if we have posted more pictures of our progress.